Exhaustion has finally set in.
This week has been very tiring.
To make a long story short:
- About 2 weeks ago Charlie had a normal winter's cold. Runny nose, fever, feeling yucky. It was pitiful, but he was over it in a day.
- Last Tuesday night, Walker sounded strange in his crib. Called the nurse, (it was 1030pm), she told us to take him to ER.
- ER doctor treated him for "minor" croup. (Later found out that it wasn't croup)
- 2 Days later, Walker wouldn't start screaming. He is typically an easy-going quiet little baby.
- Took him to the doctor. Ear infection (cause of the screaming), and upper respiratory issues (from having a cold)
- Doctor sent us home with a baby breathing machine (terrifying for both of us) and an antibiotic.
Everyone is fine now. Hallelujah.
Through it all, there are so many things to be thankful for.
- Noel was in town. Thank goodness.
- The boys got sick at different times. Would have been a nightmare to have them sick at the same time.
- Walker's sweet nature at the ER. He sat there and cooed and smiled.
- My friend Catherine. Not only did she answer my phone call at 11pm, but she drove over in the pouring rain to come stay with Charlie while Noel and I took Walker to the ER. Amazing.
- Bubble Guppies. For what felt like 24 hours straight, before we figured out that he had an ear infection, Walker refused to be put down. So, we sat on the couch. I held Walker. Charlie watched Bubble Guppies.
- The Walker blood that runs deep in my veins. I called the dr as soon as they opened (8am). They told me they could fit me in around lunch time. I told them I would be there in 5 minutes. Walker was seen in 15.
- My friend Sara. Charlie was wonderful at being independent while we were getting Walker well. Sara came to play with just Charlie while I took Walker to the doctor. He loved it.
- Medicine and doctors. Amoxicillin and Tylenol kick in FAST!
After seeing little Walker in so much pain, this adorable face melted my heart.
Isn't he the sweetest little baby? He is 3 months old today!
- He has become so aware of everything around him
- Thinks Charlie is the coolest (the feelings are mutual)
- LOVES bath time. Splashes the entire time
- Has started grabbing toys
- Loves holding mommy's hand
- Has the squishiest cheeks that I love kissing!!
Hope everyone is healthy and happy!!~