Every Friday, at the end of class, I ask my students to write a Reflection on their week.
I usually give them specific questions to guide their answers.
Last Friday, the question was, "Looking back on your behavior and work ethic this week, write what YOU can do next week and beyond to make this class better."
Pretty easy question, right?
You would think.
ONE student decided to tell me what I should do differently.
"I would ask the class what they want to do instead of me making up stuff that they probally can't do. Because if they do the stuff they want they would have more fun."
WOW. I'm not sure exactly what she was thinking...but this is a school, you know, a place where you learn NEW things everyday.
If I had them doing stuff they already knew how to do...they'd be booty dancing for 90 minutes everday.
I love students like her.~
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Here are some thoughts/observations I had from the Presidential Debate tonight:
1. Left-Handed: Both McCain and Obama are left-handed!! That is so weird. I have always wanted to be left handed...I think it's cooler than being right-handed. How unusual that BOTH candidates are left-handed.........
2. Ties: First of all...didn't LOVE either one of their ties tonight. And second of all, they both tied fairly skinny knots. Hmmm...
3. Sharpies: Both candidates wrote with sharpies....That's strange! Usually when I take notes on a notepad, I take them with a pen/pencil so it won't bleed through to the next page. That's just me, though.
4. Mediator Dude: I wonder who the mediator man is going to vote for.
5. Awkward: I don't think I could ever sit beside someone and just bash them for the entire night. It was making me feel so uncomfortable. That, and I was kinda ticked that the debate was on ABC during Private Practice's time slot! Rude!!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I participated in Wendi's Favorite Things Swap.
Ashley was my fabulous partner.
Cute sparkly wrapping with cute bows!
Pink notepad perfect for grocery and planning period lists.
Sparkly evening purse.
Set of turquoise bracelets! Love turquoise!
Green striped mug. I have already used this for my milk with my cookies!
Peach body spray.
Burt's Bees Shower Soap.
Bookmark and Dance quote.
And last...but CERTAINLY not least....box full of Tootsie Rolls!!!
Thanks so much Ashley! You definitely spoiled me!~